A Preeminent Corporate Practice. JSLH enjoys a regional reputation as one of the regional’s leading business law firms. Our deep experience means we regularly handle many of demanding transactions in the region.
A tight-knit group of very experienced lawyers, we approach each matter with intensity, thoroughness and creativity and build teams appropriate to the circumstances.
JSLH have a leading regulatory compliance practice. JSLH have represented major financial institutions and multinational corporations, as well as their boards of directors and senior executives, in a broad range of criminal and regulatory enforcement matters.
We cooperate with DevelopmentAid (www.developmentaid.org), a Europe-based online system, which covers business development and recruitment tools such as:
- Full and Unlimited access to tenders from over 120 donors (including all the major ones like DFAT, European Commission, WB, USAID, EBRD, EIB, GIZ, DANIDA, DfID, etc.);
- Information on all stages of a tender – “early intelligence”, forecast, open, closed, shortlisted, awarded, cancelled;
- Possibility to create tender alerts tailored to your field of interest;
- Access to the database of over 90.000 consulting firms, NGOs, research institutes, engineering firms, etc. from development sector;
- Access to the database of “References” (PRS – Project Reference System) – over 97.000 references to browse through and search for best partners and consortium leaders.
- Access to Donors menu (description of each donor, sectors, types of projects), country eligibility, procurement guidelines;
- Access to the country strategy papers;
- Access to the Default database of CVs (over 57,000 CVs in total), with a download limit of 100 CVs per day.
- Access to the Maintained database of Experts (over 14,000 senior profiles), with 1,000 credits per year. All experts have over 5 years of experience, all CVs formatted in 4 major donor formats (EC, WB, AfDB, ADB), each project in the CV is classified making the data highly searchable and offering additional filter criteria;
- Possibility to post unlimited number of vacancies per year on job board – the biggest in the development sector;
- Access to the Partners/Competitors Tab under each Organization’s menu;
- Access to Sanctioned firms;
- Access to Sanctioned Individuals;
- Internal project management tools – creating folders, saving tenders, “share tender with a colleague” tool, etc.
- Up to 10 licenses (users)
In addition, we could assist in funding needs you might interest that based on your chosen type(s) of the following funding options:
1. Funding with Joint Operation System (JO) for Projects with SKBDN System Payments; Min IDR 5 Billion; 14 day process
2. Loans with Work Order (SPK), PO / Contract and Asset Guarantee worth 10-20% of the Project Cost Budget (RAB) of the project. Minimum Project Value of IDR 15 Billion; Process: 30 days
3. Loans with Asset Collateral (SHM) and Building Permit (IMB); Loans of at least Rp1 Billion, max. Rp20 Billion. Process: 7-30 days, depending on the number of loans and lenders
4. Funding with the PO Scheme / Contract Given to Funders. This applies to construction work; Value starts from IDR 5 Billion up to IDR 300 Billion. Process: 14 days
5. Funding with the PO Scheme / Contract Given to Funders. This applies to material supply (split rock, sand or mechanical and electrical, telecommunications (CCTV networks, telephone networks, TV networks); Project values start from IDR 1 billion to IDR 30 billion. Process: 14 days
6. Loans with Interest System: 4-5.5% (external funds) or 8-12% (local funds); minimum of IDR 50 billion; Guarantees: the project itself and SHM; Process: 45-60 days.
7. Cooperation (Profit Sharing): 60/40 or 70/30 before BEP (Break Even Point); 40/60 or 30/70 after BEP; Minimum of IDR 50 Billion; Process: 30-45 days
Any funding/investment scheme follows the following steps:
1. Creating a very brief Project Executive Summary
2. Sign the Commitment Sheet for the Initial Survey
3. Fund Raising Meeting (Investors and Project Implementers)
4. Signing of the NDA, MOU and Cooperation/Investment Agreement
5. Disbursement of Funds
First Stage: Project Executive Summary & Signing of NDA
PROJECT EXECUTIVE SUMMARY contains brief info about the following and delivered prior signing of NDA:
1. Fee Proposal for Engagement Letter from JSLH
2. Fee Proposal for 3-years Audited Company’s Financial Statements and Financial Due Diligence by KAP Suhartati Saroso & Rekan
3. Fee Proposal for List of Assets appraised by KJPP Benedictus, Darmapuspita & Rekan
4. Fee Proposal for PKR Deeds, Increase of Company’s Equity’s Deeds, Change of AOA if any, notification from and approval by the Minister of Law and Human Rights by Notary appointed by JSLH
5. Project Title
6. Location (City / Regency / Province)
7. Project Description (A brief technical and commercial description of the project)
8. Company experience performing similar works/projects
9. Project Duration
10. Business Process
11. Bowheer (Project Giver)
12. Status: Main Contractor or Sub-Contractor
13. Project Value (Rp)
14. Funds Required (Rp)
15. Source of Payment (Rp)
16. Financial Analysis (technical and fundamental such as BEP and EPS)
17. Project Duration (Month / Year)
18. When the Project Begins
19. Payment system (SKBDN, SCF, Term Payment, BG, LC, etc.)
20. Profit from Project (Rp)
21. Profit Sharing with investors
Second Stage: Investment/Cooperation Process
In the Second Stage, you agree to sign the commitment sheet for the initial survey. At this stage, you will receive information about the funding process, requirements, time, and costs related to funding. If we receive the contents of this commitment sheet, the next process is to prepare the document requirements according to the type of funding we have chosen.
Third Stage: Fundraising Meeting
You agree to attend meeting between Investors and Project Implementer. You agree that if your Project Executive Summary is interesting to investors, you will be invited to meet with investors. The place could be agreed according to the situation. At this stage the proposal is complete. You understand that at this stage, the investor asks a number of things about our project including experience doing the same project and other information related to the project. At this stage, you as the Project Implementer gives a presentation to investors and investors may ask in more detail about our project proposal. If there is information that is still unclear, at this stage you will be asked and you as the project implementer will give an answer. We shall discuss technical matters such as profit sharing and other information such as the Project Detail Plan. If the Investor is satisfied with the information received from the Project Implementer, the Investor may make a decision at that time or ask for time to make a decision. If the investor is agree, then the next step will be carried out, the signing of MOU and Investment/Cooperation Agreement.
Fourth Stage: Sign the MOU and Cooperation/Investment Agreement
At this stage, the MOU and then cooperation agreement are made by JSLH and signed before the notary appointed by JSLH. Information needed for the cooperation agreement will be submitted to the notary before the day of the agreement signing. When everything is complete, the signing was done. After signing the agreements, the parties will carry out their obligations in accordance with the agreements. Project Implementers pay commitments according to the Cooperation/Investment Agreement.
Fifth Stage: Disbursement of Funds
The investor transfers funds to the account number of the project implementer and the project executor executes the project until completion. When the project is completed, the project implementer hands over capital and proceeds to the investor.